- You have many relatives named either Joe or Vito
- When you were growing up, you had five cousins all living on the same street
- You grew up in a small house, but you still had two kitchens and one was in the basement
- If someone in your family grows beyond 6’ 2”, it’s presumed that the mother had an affair
- Your spouse wears a tee shirt that says “Pray for me, I married an Italian”
- There were at least 28 people in your wedding party
- Your grandfather had a fig tree
- You’ve always wanted a red Ferrari
- When you were growing up, you ate Sunday dinner at 2pm
- Your big family gatherings were held in your basement
- Your favorite movie is the “Godfather” and you watch it every time it’s on TV
- When you were growing up, you thought Jesus was an Italian who lived in Israel
- You refer to red “sauce” as “gravy”
- You’ve been hit with a spoon and/or you’ve been hit by a nun
- On Easter or Christmas your family’s first course was ravioli or tortellini
- Your mom’s meatballs are the best
- When you were growing up, you thought that all wine was red and it only came in gallon jugs
- You’ve been to the Vatican at least once
- For a short time while you were growing up, you wanted to be a priest or a nun
- Your favorite singers are (in order) Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Jerry Vale, and Louis Prima
- At least one person in your family does a great impression of Don Corleone
- You know all the words to “That’s Amore”
- On Thanksgiving your family’s first course was lasagna
- You feel strangely comfortable when you sit on plastic-covered furniture
- You referred to vinegar and oil as “regular” dressing
If at least five of the above apply to you, congratulations – You’re Italian!
This list was all in good fun so I hope you enjoyed it!
Customers can shop our secure website HERE, for cute Italian inspired shirts, tank tops and hoodies.
We always offer FREE SHIPPING within the United States!
Our owner, a second generation Italian American who embraces her ethnicity with love and humor, creates all of our original designs.
How to tell if you are Italian